Thursday 12 April 2012

Lillies

I've been looking at the work of Tamara de Lempicka (again - I do seem constantly to return to her work, and have done for years now).

Specifically, this time, her 1941 painting of Calla Lilies.  I know, 1941, what's that got to do with the 20s?  Not that much, perhaps, but de Lempicka is one of the most famous art deco artist, and her style was developed in the 1920s.

I've always loved this painting, and I've been thinking that calla lillies may be something to go with, if I can work out how to cut them.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. As you might expect, all comments are moderated, so there may be a delay in them appearing.

Obviously, unless you're spamming or being mean, in which case, go away!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.